Our wallets took a hit this week.
We tried to justify the hefty price tag of the Apple watch by continually asking each other questions like: “do we really need to check our heart rate?”, “how useful is it to track our activity at the gym?”, “does it look stupid?”, “do we even like wearing watches?” For one whole month, we struggled with making this decision.
And then a couple days ago, we FINALLY took a trip to the Apple store after weighing out our pros and cons for the 15th time. We think it’s pretty safe to say, we have no regrets so far. We’re honestly shocked at how intuitively and easily this gadget has meshed into our lives.
Here’s a list of pros and cons you might’ve missed before purchasing the watch:
- First of all, beautiful interface.
- Makes you more aware of how active you are throughout the day
- You don’t have to constantly check your phone for notifications
- You get a gentle reminder for any upcoming calendar events so you don’t miss any if you’re away from your phone
- Battery life doesn’t get drained at the end of the day
- It motivates you to put in more effort at the gym
- The auto sleep tracker app is awesome
- It may clash with your outfit or get in the way when you wear long-sleeves/jackets
- The screen may be a bit too small for some people (but you can always adjust font size etc.)
- A bit complicated at first and it takes about a day to get used to
Of course, our initial impression might not live up to our actual expectations (it’s only been a couple days). We’ll continue to update you guys in about a month or so and give more thorough reviews! Stay tuned beauties and foodies 🙂