Is Japanese hair straightening perm worth it?
I had a terrible experience with straightening perm back in South Korea so you could imagine how nervous I was going in for this service.
I went to Hayato on 23rd Street in NYC to get the Japanese hair straightening perm done. The price tag is going to depend on your hair length so make sure to go in for the consulting session. Make sure you go to a salon that provides consulting. The hairstylist needs to know what you did to your hair.
125 E 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
b/t S Park Ave & Lexington Ave
Pros and Cons
Here are some pros and cons of Japanese hair straightening perm.
- Seriously love the look. I love how the hair doesn’t get so poofy!
- Easy to maintain: no more frizz!
- Now I don’t have to worry about rain; my hair became so gross but now it doesn’t.
- The process takes over 4 hours.
- You can’t wash your hair for 48 hours after the process — make sure you schedule it right.
- Your hair gets damaged.
PRODUCTS PRODUCTS PRODUCTS
I used the following products after the Japanese hair straightening perm:
Best Shampoo for Damaged Hair
- I use the Oribe Signature Shampoo and it has been working tremendously well for me. I personally recommend this to everyone with damaged hair.
Best Conditioner for Damaged Hair
- I used to use BioSilk conditioner but recently jumped ship to Oribe Signature Conditioner. I had nothing against BioSilk but I think using Oribe has improved my hair quality faster. It feels like silk!
Best Hair Oil for Damaged Hair
- I have been using Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil for a while now. It’s a must item for those who go through the Japanese Straightening Perm!
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us via Instagram if you have any questions!