ATTENTION TO ALL LAZY COOKS! We have a solution.
How amazing is it that we can now have an amazing meal after two hours of just doing NOTHING? You can spend that time reading, watching reruns of The Office, walking your dog, or even participating in that yoga class you’ve always wanted to attend. Now you don’t have to focus all of your energy to the kitchen, praying you don’t burn down the house. You have better things to do.
This is why I’m in love with my Instant Pot. It never wastes my time, finishes what it promises, and is ALWAYS dependable. Who doesn’t want a best friend like that? If you’re a meat-lover, you can have fall-off-the-bone, super tender, and juicy meat in half the time you used to need!
Jae and I were hungry af and decided to throw this together for an amazing dinner. We were so delighted to find out our Instant Pot worked it’s magic on these short ribs. Here’s what you need to do to have the best short ribs of your life.
- 8 short ribs
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups of Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A container of thyme
- Red wine
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil for about 10 minutes
- Place the cooked onion and garlic in a different pot
- Place ribs into the same pan and brown it on all sides
- Flip the ribs bone down
- Cover the ribs in red wine and reduce with pan cover on
- While the red wine is reducing, sauté the Brussel sprouts for 10 minutes
- Place all ingredients into your Instant Pot (ribs first)
- Cook for 35 minutes (on manual), high pressure and let it natural release (~40 minutes)
It turned out amazing and we can prove it to you guys through our video: