Do you want to wake up with hydrated skin every single morning? Well you just landed on the right review!
I don’t have a complicated night time routine like most women do. I’ve also never followed through with the 10-step Korean skin care routine. I do, however, love effective skin care products.
Jae and I recently stepped into a Sephora and started testing out every product that caught our eye. Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask was one of them! The scent itself will make you want to purchase it on the spot. The pink, gel-like, watermelon-scented night time mask was love at first sight. It seemed to work immediately on our palms, so we decided to take this baby home.
It’s safe to say, we have no regrets spending $45 on this product.
It glides on extremely smoothly and there’s no sticky residue left over on your face after application. I have pretty oily skin so I’m super cautious of these types of products. If I use the wrong product, I wake up with a pound of oil on my face. It was a pleasant surprise when I found out that this product didn’t make me feel like a slimy monster in the morning.
Here’s a full review of the product (spoiler alert* there’s a very special model featured in this video and his name starts with a J haha):
How can we wake up with glowing, blemish-free skin every morning??
I’ve been trying to hack this ever since I hit puberty. Testing out everything from over the counter skin medications to following the 10-step korean skin care regime, I was certain that improving my skin was hopeless.
Time after time, I realize that it really narrows down to the basics. So if you get this right, you are guaranteed to have clearer and brighter skin every morning (this applies to men as well :))!
- Wash off any makeup or dirt particles from your face with a water AND oil-based face wash (especially if you wear waterproof makeup).
- Manuka honey is your best friend. Keep a jar of it in your bathroom cabinet and apply it all over your face whenever you feel guilty after popping a pimple. It’s truly magical.
- Rosehip oil will actually REDUCE excess oil on your face throughout the day. Apply a thin layer (about 5 drops) before you go to sleep and you will wake up with brighter, more balanced skin.
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins.
- Try to refrain from stuffing yourself with chocolate, Big Macs, cookies, twinkies etc. (basically anything heavily processed). This will just make it harder for your body to detox which results in more blemishes.
If you focus on the basics, you can really tackle the root cause of this problem and you won’t need 20 different products to save your face. All you really need are the basics. Keep it simple and stay blemish free effortlessly!
Have an amazing weekend, fellow bloggers 🙂
Watch the full video here!